Hey! Good morning ladies (and gents?)!
How many of you have had so many thoughts running through your head that you cannot focus? Oh man! I have been there since we started this house project in (cough, cough) MARCH. Eek!
There are so many options and inspiring ideas out there and so many things going on at one time it’s hard to focus. So, I decided that for the time being I’m working on the laundry room. I chose this for two reasons. The first is that I’m pretty sure I can do whatever I want in here and the hubs won’t really care. The second is that (I think) most of it I can do myself without any help from him. So for our 1970’s split level laundry room makeover here’s my plan.
- Paint color, or something similar 2. A neutral rug 3. Wainscoting (but with a twist) 4. Flooring 5. An old table I’m going to refinish 6. New hardware 7. New door to let light through and still keep the noise out 8. Refinish counter like Lauren at Bless’er House did here 9. Hanging shelves with these cool brackets
To give you an idea, here are some before pictures for reference. (You can see more house pictures in my home tour here.) You’ll have to excuse my photography skills. They are a work in progress and these were taken before I took classes from Shoot Fly Shoot (Which I cannot recommend enough! They are great! The guys are super engaging, talk to you at your level, and give great instructions on how to use your camera.)
In addition to the above, I have a list a mile long of things I want to do to the laundry room. I finally broke down and drew up the room on a piece of paper and then made a list on each side of what I needed to do on that particular wall.
So far we’ve fixed drywall after redoing the plumbing, re-textured (yes, RE-textured) the ceiling, primed and painted the ceiling, primed the walls, and installed can lights and a fan. That being said, here is what I still need to do:
- Fix the ceiling (Hubs found a spot he didn’t like)
- Prime and paint the fixed spots
- Paint the walls
- Possibly replace the window (we already have the window)
- Paint the cabinets
- Install new hardware on cabinets
- Paint the sink (yep, I said paint the sink!)
- Cover the counter with cement
- Install a new faucet
- Possibly put up a back splash around the sink
- Cover the bottom half of two walls with vinyl planking and trim out
- Make a window covering
- Install some sort of lighting
- Install a door with glass panes
- Make ironing board hanger
- Install hanging shelves
I’m SURE I will come up with more things to do as I get into it, but for now, that’s my plan. Can’t wait to get this thing rolling and post some project pics!